Time is running so fast and before I even realized I am eight months pregnant and there is so much to do for this little new baby, not only things to buy and clean and prepare but also so many CROCHET THINGS I could make for him (I am having a second son by the way). So as I made the list of things we need to buy for the baby and for me when I go to the hospital and so on, I made a second more private list of things I want to make with yarn. Lets be serious - the new baby is a wonderful excuse to make all those funny and childish and little things.
So the first on my list were the hats and I am really proud of how they present themselves I almost can't wait to see them on my little model. When my first son was born I also had the phase of making the hand sewn hats from polar. I made like 20 of them, where the most were for the newborns and to be completely honest I didn't even tried them cause I was so panicked he will be too hot or they will make him scratch or the picture will be made with flash and it will hurt his eyes and so on and so on....that I didn't made any photos ad now I don't have a wonderful memory photos to look at. I will not make that mistake this time. I will make sure to keep a few rules when making a photo session. I wrote them down If anyone would be interested:
- make sure the baby is not hungry!
- make sure the room where You are making photos have the right temperature.
- make sure the lightning is good. Choose the time when there is a lot of daylight. Try not to use flash, even when baby eyes are closed.
- for Your first session preferably choose the time when Your baby is sleeping.
- If You are worried about rash, wash all the photo props in child safe detergent before using.
- Don't worry if You will fail the first time or Your baby will get up too soon, You can always try again tomorrow. Be very patient and it's a good advise for many aspects when it comes to babys :)
When I will finish my baby photo session I will post the photos and maybe some additional tips.
But back to the hats I made three. I used 5.5 mm hook and suitable yarn for this hook size.
The first one is Aviator hat. I love ear flap hats and that is probably why this is my favorite one I think it will look wonderful on photos.
Second one is a variation on popular elf hat and i would like to call it Gryffindor Elf, my husband called it that as soon as he saw the colors I choose ( I hate the combination of green and red together BLEH.. )
By the way it's the first pom-pom I made in my entire life, well second one to be honest I made one for practice before I used the right yarn.
Last but not least is the Viking hat - made when watching the Vikings show, which is amazing! I didn't exactly see anyone in the show wearing this kind of hat exactly but I imagine they would if they would have one :) So I am waiting for proposition I can make this kind of hats for the entire crew. Can You imagine this photo, where they are all wearing them :D